In addition to being the central location of the United States government, Washington is a cultural and historical hub that draws millions of tourists annually. The Washington D.C. metropolitan area is also home to 6.2 million residents who pay a much higher cost of living than the national average. Expensive housing options and student loan debts make it difficult for many in the area to get by. If you have gotten behind on your payments and need help overcoming your overwhelming debts, Accredited Debt Relief may be able to help.
The Costs of Washington, D.C.
- 19.9% of cardholders in Washington, D.C. have a balance over $10,000.
- The median sales price for a single family home in the Washington metro area is $417,400.
- The D.C. area has the highest average student loan debt in the country, carrying an average of $55,882 in loans.
Why it’s Important to Pay Off Your Debt
Although it may be tempting to avoid the debt problem looming over you, your financial obligations will not disappear if you ignore them. There are many benefits to rolling up your sleeves and addressing your debt:
- Reduced Stress and Better Health: Dealing with creditor calls and juggling multiple bills is incredibly stressful, and too much stress can lead to serious health problems. Reducing your debt can give your mind and body a much-needed break.
- Better Job Prospects, Housing and Credit Opportunities: As you pay off your debts, your credit score will likely improve. Since many employers, landlords, loan providers and creditors will take a look at your credit score, it’s a good idea to do everything in your power to improve it.
- Put Your Money Towards Things That Matter: When your debts are paid off, you can focus your funds towards preventative care, retirement, education, home improvements and vacation funds.
- Higher Self Esteem: If you’re drowning in debt, chances are that it’s caused you to struggle mentally and emotionally. Paying off your debts and developing positive money habits can provide you with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Stronger Relationships: Debt and money issues frequently lead to conflict. Resolving debt issues can improve your relationship with your spouse, family and friends.
D.C. Debt Consolidation
Accredited Debt Relief is a financial services company that provides debt relief to many throughout the United States, including the D.C. Metro area. With an A+ rating from the BBB, we’re happy to review your financial situation and provide you with a free, no obligation consultation. Contact us today to learn more and take your first steps towards financial freedom.
CompareCards by LendingTree: https://www.comparecards.com/blog/places-people-5-figure-credit-card-balances/